The Watertown Police Department is a full-service accredited law enforcement agency bordering Boston, Cambridge, Newton, Belmont and Waltham.
This page is monitored and managed by the members of the Watertown Police Department. It is not monitored 24/7
For emergencies dial 911
For all other calls requiring a police response please call 617-972-6500
This is an official social media page of the Watertown Massachusetts Police Department. This page was created to provide people who live and work in Watertown and those with an interest in the Watertown Police Department access to information about the department and a way to interact with the Watertown Police Department.
This page is a limited public forum with the following conditions. Posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms:
- This page is not for reporting emergencies. For emergencies the best way to get assistance is by calling 911
- This page is not for reporting crimes. To report a crime, call the Watertown Police Department at 617-972-6500 or 911 if it’s an emergency.
- If you post information related to a crime on this page, you will be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness to a crime. You could subject yourself to subpoena and possibly endanger yourself or others.
- “Friending” between Watertown Police Department members and citizens does not indicate endorsement of that person’s actions or comments.
- Comments posted by others on the Watertown Police Department page are not to be considered the opinion of the Watertown Police Department. The Watertown Police Department does not endorse any third-party comments on this page.
- The Watertown Police Department reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the Watertown Police Department social media managers.
- The Watertown Police Department does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the Watertown Police Department.
- If you have photos or videos you’d like to share on this page, please “private message” us.
- For more information about Watertown Police Department please visit www.watertownpd.org
The Watertown Police Department welcomes a person’s right to express his/her opinion and encourages posters to keep comments related to content on this page. The Watertown Police Department reserves the right to remove any comments that are inappropriate or offensive, including comments that:
• defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others
• include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity
• spam or advertising
• could harm the safety or well-being of one of our employees, including personal attacks
• are off-topic
• have personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy,
• include copyrighted material that belong to another person
• contain links to inappropriate websites