How to Obtain a Copy of a Police Report?
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Please allow up to 10 days to acknowledge and process records requests. To facilitate obtaining records you may download the Request for Incident Report Form and fax it to 617-600-1381 or you may drop it off at the Administrative window at any time.
The following fees shall apply to obtain any public record in the custody of the Watertown Police Department:
For preparing and mailing:
- motor vehicle accident reports $5.00 per report, no more than 6 pages. (.50 cents for each additional page)
For preparing and mailing $ 1.00 per page:
- crime reports
- incident reports
- miscellaneous reports
To obtain any public record In-Hand the cost is .50 cents per page
** A page is defined as one side of an eight and one-half inch by eleven inch sheet of paper
- That based on your relationship to the reported incident certain information will be redacted from the requested report and identification may be requested.
- Additional cost may be incurred due to search and segregation time
- A good faith estimate will be provided for all cost which may exceed ten dollars
- If payment is not received ten days after providing such good faith estimate, we will close the request without any action.
- Exemptions to the public records law may apply
Watertown background check request form.
When should I call 911?
How do I report a crime?
How do I report a crime and remain anonymous?
What Court does the Watertown Police Department use?
Waltham District Court.
38 Linden Street
Waltham, MA 02154
Firearms/Pepper Spray questions
Do I need a permit to carry pepper spray?
How do I get a LTC or FID permit?
Change of Address Form for LTC and FID?
Does the Watertown Police Department do fingerprint cards?
There is no fee
Positive identification is required
Service may be requested at any time by calling the Administrative Officer at 617-972-6500, however, if the police department is housing prisoners fingerprinting can not be done.
NOTE: The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) will not accept fingerprints from applicants processed by the Watertown Police Department. You should proceed to the nearest INS office for processing or call the INS Help line (# 202-305-7802, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM) for instructions.
How do I report police misconduct?
Does the Watertown Police Department sell or swap shoulder patches?
How do I report police misconduct?
How do I handle annoying phone calls?
What is the process to become a Police Officer?
How do I apply for an internship?
What hours is the Watertown Police Station open?
How do I get a permit to operate a Ice Cream Truck in Watertown?
In Watertown, to be permitted to operate an Ice Cream truck, each operator will need an Ice Cream Vendor ID issued and approved by the Chief of Police of the Watertown Police Department and a permit issued by the Town of Watertown Health Department to the vehicle.
Required documentation for the Watertown Police Department Ice Cream Vendor ID, you must submit:
- Watertown Police Department Ice Cream Vendor application
- Active Hawkers and Peddlers License
- Permit from applicants local issuing authority
In order to submit your application and required documentation you must contact Detective Jennifer Connors to set up an appointment (617-972-6545.) No applications or paperwork will be accepted without an appointment.
Quality of life issues
How do I find out if there are any registered sex offenders living near me?
What is a level 1 Offender?
What is a level 2 Offender?
What is a level 3 Offender?
Who are the Police Officers that work in my neighborhood?
Traffic / Vehicle issues
Does the Watertown Police Department install or inspect child car seats?
How do I make a parking complaint?
How do I report speeding cars in my neighborhood?
How do I pay or appeal a parking ticket?
How do I pay or appeal a moving violation?
I locked my keys in my car, can the Police Department assist me?
What are the reporting requirements after I’ve been involved in a traffic accident?
If any person is killed or injured or where there is damage in excess of $ 1,000.00 to any one vehicle or other property you must file an accident report.
Where can I obtain an accident report form?
Any police department will carry a supply of accident report forms. Forms can also be downloaded here.
How long do I have to file an accident report?
You have five (5) business days starting the next business day after the accident.
Where do I file my accident report?
You need to have three (3) copies of your accident report and send them to the following:
- The police department that has jurisdiction over the location where your accident occurred
- Registry of Motor Vehicles
- Your insurance company or keep for your own records if not needed by same
- It is suggested you contact your insurance agent and they will in turn mail your accident reports to the appropriate agencies.
What kind of information should I retrieve from the other operator if I’m in an accident?
- You should obtain;
- Operator’s name, current address, license number & expiration, and date of birth.
- Vehicle’s registration number, make, model, color
- Vehicle owner’s name and address
Can I get a copy of the police officer’s accident report?
It is the policy of the Watertown Police Department not to release the investigating officer’s report of an accident until all persons involved file their reports. However, the police department will release the front side of the officer’s report which contains the necessary operator, vehicle and insurance information.
Need additional information? Click on this Registry of Motor Vehicles link to their home page.