With the assistance of the Watertown DPW crew and another DPW crew from the DCR, Nonantum Road was coned off to filter both east and westbound lanes into single lanes of traffic at Water Street. At approximately 11PM the Sobriety Checkpoint was in place and operational. The checkpoint resulted in the following:
- A total of 647 motorists traveled thru the checkpoint from 11PM to 3AM. Of the 647 motorists passing through, 35 were flagged for further observation. (Showed some or several signs of alcohol consumption)
- Of the 35 motorists questioned, collectively fifteen were arrested and charged with Operating Under the Influence of alcohol (OUI).
- Of the 20 remaining, 5 were summonsed to court for criminal offenses ranging from being unlicensed, suspended license, minor in possession of alcohol and having an open contained of alcohol in a motor vehicle.
- 15 were checked and released after they were tested for impairment
- Only one of the thirty-five had nothing to drink at all. (Overtired)
- 19 motor vehicles were towed during the enforcement period.
The most recent checkpoint was conducted on Friday June 13, 2008 between 11PM and 3AM. At total of 372 vehicles passed through the checkpoint, 24 of those were flagged for further observation. Of those 24, ten were arrested for OUI and one was summoned for OUI.