- Parking on all Watertown streets is prohibited for more than one hour between 1:00 A.M. and 6:00 A.M. This regulation is strictly enforced from November thru April.
- Parking on all Watertown streets is prohibited for more than two consecutive hours from 7.00 AM. to 7:00 P.M. daily, Monday thru Saturday unless otherwise posted.
- Parking Meters (Meter rates vary by location, please check the meter for time limits and cost)
- Parking meters are in effect in the Watertown Square Municipal Parking Lot from 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Monday thru Saturday except Sunday & legal holidays.
- Parking meters are in effect in the Library Municipal parking lot 24 hours a day Monday thru Saturday except Sunday & legal holidays.
- Parking meters are in effect in the Coolidge Square Municipal Parking lot 24 hours a day Monday thru Saturday except Sunday & legal holidays.
- Parking meters in effect at all other locations in Watertown from 7:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. Monday thru Saturday except Sunday & legal holidays.
- State law prohibits any vehicle from parking within 20 feet of any intersecting way.
Winter Off Street Parking Locations
- Cunniff School – Warren Street
- Middle School – Bemis Street
- Lowell School – Lowell Avenue & George Street lots
- Hosmer School – Winthrop Street lots
- Watertown High School – Rear lot
- Watertown School Administration Bldg – rear of 30 Common Street
- Victory Field Lot
- Coolidge Square Municipal lots – Wells Avenue (metered spaces only)
- Watertown Square Municipal Lot – Behind CVS, Spring Street or Church Street
- Municipal Library Parking Lot – Cross Street or Main Street entrances
- Boylston Street @ Mt Auburn Street, Town owned lot.
- Watertown Police Department, 552 Main Street, front lot.
Please remember that cars may use the above locations 7 days a week, but in no event shall any vehicle remain on school property after 6AM or upon any property for more than 72 hours.
If you are going on vacation or have guests staying for an extended period of time, please be sure to move the car daily or find other suitable off street parking.
Following any snowstorm, please move your vehicle promptly to allow for Town snow removal apparatus to clear the spaces.
Thank you for your cooperation, if you have any questions, you may contact the Watertown Police Department at 617-972-6500 or the Traffic Office at 617-972-6547 Monday thru Friday – 8:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M.