Please allow up to 10 days to acknowledge and process records requests. To facilitate obtaining records you may download the Request for Incident Report Form and fax it to 617-600-1381 or you may drop it off at the Administrative window at any time.
The Police department will accept U.S. mail, FAX and in person request. The department may accept telephone request if the same person will come to the station to pick up such request.
Mailings can be made to the following address:Watertown Police Department Records Unit 552 Main Street Watertown, MA. 02472
The following fees shall apply to obtain any public record in the custody of the Watertown Police Department:
For preparing and mailing:
- motor vehicle accident reports $5.00 per report, no more than 6 pages. (.50 cents for each additional page)
For preparing and mailing $ 1.00 per page:
- crime reports
- incident reports
- miscellaneous reports
To obtain any public record In-Hand the cost is .50 cents per page
** A page is defined as one side of an eight and one-half inch by eleven inch sheet of paper
- That based on your relationship to the reported incident certain information will be redacted from the requested report and identification may be requested.
- Additional cost may be incurred due to search and segregation time
- A good faith estimate will be provided for all cost which may exceed ten dollars
- If payment is not received ten days after providing such good faith estimate, we will close the request without any action.
- Exemptions to the public records law may apply
Watertown background check request form.