Watertown Department of Public Works
SNOW EMERGENCY ANNOUNCEMENT
For: Sunday, February 12, 2017
Snow Emergency –
The Superintendent of Public Works has declared a snow emergency effective 2:00 P.M. Sunday, February 12, 2017 and will remain in effect until further notice.
Parking Ban –
On street parking will be banned and any motor vehicle left on the street will be subject to towing until further notice.
Winter Off-Street Parking –
Residents are urged to use designated off street parking areas as listed below:
• Police Station at 552 Main Street
• Any public school parking lot
• Marion Road at Victory Field
• The lot at Boylston Street and Mt. Auburn Streets
**Please remember – during a snow event, any vehicle parked at a school facility must be removed no later than 6 AM the day school resumes.
Trash/Recycling Collection for Monday, February 13, 2017 has been postponed until Tuesday. Trash/Recycling will be pushed back by one day for the remainder of the week, Tuesdays pick up will be on Wednesday, Wednesdays on Thursday etc.
• During a storm travel conditions can be extremely poor and residents are advised to remain in-doors.
• Please assist the Public Works, Fire and Police Department by keeping vehicles off the street and allowing our streets to be de iced and cleared from snow.
• Be patient as snow plowing operations are extremely difficult and time consuming.
• Please assist us in protecting your neighborhood by shoveling out the fire hydrant / drainage catch basins closest to your home or business.
• Remember the Public Works snow plow operators are working through extremely poor weather conditions trying to make every street accessible for public safety.
• Please do not attempt to stop the snow plow!
Updates regarding trash collection, parking restrictions and other town notifications will be posted at www.ci.watertown.ma.us and watertowndpw.org